Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Comic-Con: The Trip to San Diego

Yesterday's flight was horrendous.  During both flights there was a lot of sitting on the tarmac--the second flight from Atlanta equaled 2 hours of it before we started the 4 hour flight.  By the time I landed in San Diego, I was not the most pleasant person to be around.  Luckily, I was blessed with a good seat mate (it was his second year of comic-con, too!) and the baby right behind me (and her 2 or 3 year old brother) was an angel. I don't know how--I wasn't feeling angelic by the time we landed.  


But I landed in San Diego, and for some reason that wiped away all the meh.  The shuttle system was pretty easy, and I headed to the Sofia Hotel, which is very pretty in real life. I forget how much I love the keys that all of the Comic-Con hotels give out (see above).  I settled in and ordered dinner, while trying to track down my poor cousin from Madison, WI, who was now stranded in Denver, and was going to be until Thursday morning at 8:30.  We both sighed in frustration. We're here for a good time, and not even lame travel complications are going to stop us!

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow:


So excited!!!

No comments:

Site Meter