For anyone who knows me, they know that I am a little bit of a nerd. I'm a pop culture junky, I have been to Comic-Con, twice, and Abed from community and I would get along a little too well. In the summer of 2000, I dragged a little 10-year-old to a PG-13 movie because I didn't know who else would go with me to an oddly-named, comic-book movie. My little brother and I sat in that little theater in Normal, IL with maybe 20 other guys. There was not a single other female in the place. And yet it ended up doing okay for itself (4th highest grossing movie of the year).
This next weekend (June 3), another sequel comes out (technically a prequel), and I am giddy as a school girl once more, though really sad that my buddy won't be off his mission for another few months (His Mission! I am getting old).
Anyone who wants to join me, I am thinking Wynnsong, 4:15, Saturday.
ETA: Super good. LOVED the cameos. Two gorgeous leads, and a gorgeous cameo. Perfection!
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Reading a perfectly fey book while the weather is doing other-worldly things right outside your door. It makes you want to wander in moonlit paths while getting lost amongst the creatures that lurk in the woods--the ones we can no longer see because we have grown up too much...
Posted by tkangaroo at 12:50 AM
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
- Dancing with kids for a few hours until you can barely breathe, but are undeniably content.
- A piece of chocolate cake in a bowl of milk.
- Introducing a new friend to an old one--even if the old one is a TV show.
- Goldilocks Swiss Spinach Soup--a large pot of it. . . To bathe in.
- The surreal experience of watching the Oprah Farewell with your sister and three guys, two of whom have never watched Oprah before.
- The anticipation of a baptism
- Teaching kids how to make an origami boat, so they can build a boat like Nephi.
- Talking to a friend on the phone you haven't talked to in a while.
- A perfect musical moment.
- A well-done season finale.
- A perfect haircut (I don't have one, but I would like one).
- Your yearly review going well.
- The prospect of a three day weekend.
Posted by tkangaroo at 11:17 PM