Three days later, one of the departments at work imploded. Years of weird interpersonal communication had lead to craziness, paranoia, and incivility. My boss asked me to step in and Tim Gunn it. And I have. I have stepped it up big time. 10-12 hour days time. Brain gymnastics. Learning a whole new vocabulary. And I'm good at it. I forgot how good I am at it. Thank you, Heavenly Father for talents.
But it also made me realize that I miss certain things in my life. So here they are--my goals for the rest of the year, and as my birthday is coming up, a new year.
- Cook something from scratch at least once a week.
- Find a local community theatre troop that I can try out for--be in a production of something.
- Look for a jazz band that needs a singer, or put together my own and head to an open mic night.
- Be less snobby about who I am friends with--when did I decide I was too cool for some people? My new ward has made me realize that I had become a little too hipster detached. Genuine passion. Earnestness. Vulnerability. These things aren't bad, we just become cynical.
- Plan something cool for my Primary kids for the holidays (maybe a couple of things).
- Take deep breaths and meditate more.
- Start writing again--even if it is just short stories. This Amazon contest may be interesting in a year or two.
- Reconnect with friends I haven't talked to in a while (Hey, anyone I haven't talked to in a while! Let's chat!).
- Be more creative. I was the artsy one first! What happened to that?
- Write more here. A lot more. About anything and everything. What is it for if I don't use it?